Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lion Cake fit for a Badger

I enjoy baking and cake decorating. I so I thought I would try to bake and decorate

all the cakes for my badger baby’s first birthday. I ended up using cake mix

and my brother ended up baking at least 2 of the cakes . I did not realize how much I would time I would need for all the other planning, however  I did all

the  cake decorating.














For the lion cake I used two rounds and one of my cute little bunt

pans The Instructor gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I also made

cupcakes for the mane.



The frosting is butter-cream, I found the recipes on cooks.com but

I may have altered it a bit. I made vanilla for the main part of the

cake and added chocolate syrup to make chocolate frosting for the

mane. I used gel frosting for the eyes and mouth. The white of the

eyes are star shaped sprinkles.

It turned out cute but the ears should have been lower to allow for three cupcakes at the top of the head.

Lion Cake














The two sheet cakes I just tried to make it “fancy” and “fun”. I

use my “fancy” handwriting, a zip bag filled with frosting, and I

spelled out his name with star sprinkles.

Our next baking project will be something sweet for Easter. I’m

thinking a variation on bread pudding using half and half and all the

leftover cake in my freezer.

I was a little stressed...see backwards candle.





At the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment