Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fashion

My 8 year old dream self.
What I might look like in reality.


When I was a child I wanted to be many things. A ballerina, like my Barbie, an artist because I liked to draw and tell stories, a race car driver because of this movie (Heart Like a Wheel) and I wanted to look a certain way too.


I loved watching 80’s sitcoms like Designing Woman and Cheers and longed to dress up like the woman did when they had a fancy party. You know big hair, black sequin dresses, and serious heels.

I now realize many of the women I thought were so glamorous sort of resembled drag queens. But it was the 80’s and early 90’s, so it was all good. I mean I had shoulder pads when I was 8!

Now that it appears black sequins are back in vogue (oh the sparkles) it seems that my dream might be realized. Sure I might end up looking a little more Delta Burke than skinny, but I girls got to flaunt what she’s got.





No comments:

Post a Comment